If an administrator decides to use the Q&A functionality, he or she must decide who will post questions, who will draft answers and who will approve answers.
We have designed the Q&A workflow as simple as possible. The general workflow is:
- A data room user will post a question (the user will also receive an email confirming their submitted question)
- The Q&A Manager will receive an email notifying them that a question has been posted (the email will also contain the question) The Q&A Manager can choose to answer the question or assign a Answer Drafter to answer it
- The Answer Drafter will draft a responsive or answer to the posted question
- The Answer Approver will receive an email notifying them that an answer has been drafted
- The Answer Approver will need to approve the drafted answer (or first make any changes).
- The user will receive an email notifying them that an answer has been posted to their question
Any user part of the Data Room Administrators group or Q&A Observer group which are not part of the Q&A Manager, Answer Drafter or Answer Approver groups will still be able to see the questions and answers within the Q&A portal however they will not receive the notification emails throughout the Q&A process.